The candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying for MBBS in Philippines.
- The candidate must be 18 years of age.
- The student should pass higher secondary (12th grade or equivalent) in all subjects in the same attempt.
- For Other Communities, Backward Class and Most Backward Class.
- Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- For Schedule /Reserved Category.
- Minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Should have passes NEET exam.
As NEET exam has been made mandatory by the Indian government even for students studying MBBS in Abroad since the academic year 2018-19, it is mandatory for Indian students to pass the NEET exams.
Before applying for MBBS courses in the Philippines medical colleges, students should take NMAT exam (National Medical Admission Test). The CHED (Commission on Higher Education) in the Philippines conducts the exam to maintain the quality of medical education. NMAT consist of two phases,
- Part I includes Verbal, Inductive Reasoning, Quantitative and Perceptual Acuity.
- Part II consists of four majors Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Social Sciences.
Altogether the total duration of the exam will be around 5.30 hrs (Part I 3 hrs and Part II 2.30 hrs). Also, the students should take both the Part I & II on the same day. However, the papers of the students skipping any of the exams will not be evaluated.
For Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Philippines can apply with DMSF medical college. The fee structure for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Philippines at Davao Medical School Foundation.